Dr. Rekha Reddy is a certified Platinum Provider with Invisalign invisible braces. She trained with Dr. Ryan Molis, the #1 Invisalign provider in the country, and is a member of the Molis Coaching adjunct faculty. She also has a membership with the American Academy of Clear Aligners and is an Align Technology faculty member and key opinion leader.
Invisalign offers a modern and aesthetic solution to traditional metal braces. Instead of having your orthodontist cement metal brackets on your teeth, Dr. Reddy makes a series of invisible braces to align your teeth over a period of time, usually six months to a year. First, you must have a full oral evaluation, complete with x-rays. If your teeth and roots are in good health, a mold will be made of your mouth. That mold is made using an optical scan of your teeth, avoiding the messy impression material used in making traditional molds.
With a virtual model of your teeth, individual tooth movements are planned using a sophisticated computer program. The computer then engineers the movements needed to straighten your teeth and manufactures a series of clear aligners you will wear to accomplish that.
Dr. Reddy will send you home with two or three sets of aligners to get started. At first, your aligners may not fit right, but that is because they are designed to shift your teeth to a new position. After about two weeks of wear, you will switch out the old set for a new set of aligners. Dr. Reddy will see you about every four to six weeks to monitor your progress and make any needed adjustments.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign invisible braces boast a high patient satisfaction rate for the following reasons:
- Invisalign is actually invisible, whether it is seen from a distance or close up. You do not look like you are wearing braces at all.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, so you don’t need to worry about food getting trapped in them, nor do you need to stop eating any sticky foods.
- Invisalign aligners are much more comfortable than traditional metal braces. Since they are made from plastic, there are no wires to hurt or jab the inside of your mouth.
- Invisalign can straighten your smile in about half the time of traditional braces. Since the aligners are made with computer technology, the movements are very efficient, and a full course can be completed in about 1 year (as opposed to 2-3 years for traditional braces).
Disadvantages of Invisalign
Despite its many advantages, there are a few disadvantages we want you to be aware of before beginning treatment:
- Invisalign invisible braces are a bit more expensive than conventional braces. This is due to the increased dental laboratory costs necessary to make them.
- Invisalign requires your commitment. If you take the aligners out for long periods of time, or fear you may lose them, it may be best to get traditional braces instead. You’ll need to wear them faithfully about 22 hours a day.
- Invisalign only works on patients whose teeth have fully erupted, so it may not be recommended for some younger patients.
If you are interested in Invisalign invisible braces, please contact our office to make an appointment for a consultation. If you just want to know if you are a candidate for Invisalign, Dr. Reddy will be happy to meet with you in a complimentary consultation to answer your questions. Otherwise, you can schedule an examination by calling us or by requesting an appointment online.